I love school.. well ok love the class I am taking and glad its only two nights a week. But I do LOVE being on the ambulance and learning more and more daily. Haven't started my ER time and well I honestly am not excited about that part not real sure why.
Several weeks ago our class was invited to do an extrication class in a neighboring town. They gave us the choice of two dates in April 14 and 28 I knew the 14 was not an option for me but 28 I could do. Well last Monday they picked the 14 I was bummed and disappointed as I had already got my fire gear from our department for the class. The teacher knew I wanted to do the class since she knows my love of fire fighting. I knew St. James was doing an extrication class this month as well but we found out it was a two day class and probably not open for any of the students to go to. But she told me she would call and see what she could do...... So I went thru the next two days super bummed about it. Went in to class Thursday night and she told me I was going to St. James the 21 and 22 I looked at her and said I am only on schedule for 22 fully thinking she meant ambulance time. She once again said no you are going to St. James you are in the class! Talk to me after our class tonight, I was to excited to contain myself. Then I realized the 21 was a day I had planned to shop with two of my good friends who are more like family. We had been planning the trip for several weeks and I then had to text and cancel. While I was super excited about getting in to a class I was told I couldn't get in to I was equally as upset on cancelling a shopping trip.
After class I waited for everyone to leave and asked her how in the world did she get me in to that class. She had told them she had a student who is associated with the Vichy Fire Department who really was interested in a extrication class and he said that was fine. In her conversation to him she also got another girl in our class in the class due to her husband being on that department. Needless to say I was to excited to sleep much that night!!!
This past Saturday at the auction we always have several St. James Fire Fighters that come to auctions and eat and stand around talking to us. And one of them saw me studying and asked if I was in the EMT class then asked if anyone on the Vichy Dept was going to the extrication class. Two of them pointed to me.... So I am glad to know I will know a few that will be there and trust some of them because its not an easy class and could be dangerous if you don't know and trust who your working with.
So hopefully April and Connie and I can reschedule our lake shopping trip for next month because I desperately need some girl time and some shopping relaxation!
Yep we can reschedule! I hated that I had to cut my time that day short anyway. So it all worked out! :)
ReplyDelete