Yesterday we were on our second day at an auction in Steelville. These people had a collection of everything imaginable. Even pink ceramic fish that hang on a wall, while I like pink these fish were well not cute. Kathy however fell in love with them and wanted to buy them. I found a couple of Fenton glass pieces I wanted and they were located next to the pink fish. This picture below is from ebay but its a close match to the ones yesterday.
We knew it would be late in the day before they got to the trailer with my glassware and those fish. Donnie texted me to hurry up and come over as they were getting close to what I wanted. He did get the winning bid on one of the pieces of glassware I wanted and its a very pretty pink and white vase like thing. (as soon as I get pictures I will post on the things I have purchased at auctions recently)
Then they picked up the fish and he looked at me and said should we I said yep she wants them. So he started bidding on them and much to our surprise no one really wanted them! We ended up getting the three of them for less than ten bucks. So I hid them in my coat and took them back over to the trailer and grill and showed Kathy her newest addition to her house. She was thrilled with it but her husband not so much! Guess when your a guy you don't want pink fish hanging in your bathroom.
At the end of the auction she kept asking Donnie and I how much it was and had her checkbook out ready to pay. He told her the receipt for it wasn't in the stack, he had handed it to me and I stuck part of the money with it and gave it back. She kept asking how much and then realized we had split the cost and it was our gift to her. I think she was about to cry, who knew pink fish could make a person tear up!
Now I just hope that I don't end up with any pink wall hangings in return, I am a huge fan of pink but not so much in my house on my walls....

No comments:
Post a Comment