Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Halloween a night of rushing, stress and over stimulated kids.... While most kids love trick or treating and dressing up mine seem to be ok with one stop then go home. Blake has never been in to trick or treating at more than one place maybe two if I was lucky, he doesn't like candy so guess that could be part of it. But each year grandparents want to see the kids dressed up so each year I try to make it fun.

This year Blake wanted to be a ninja which for anyone who knows him will find that strange. He has been a bullrider each year for Halloween since he was 2 and he is now 6. He still wanted to be a billrider but talked his papa Mitch in to getting him the ninja costume. Nathan well I had planned on putting him in his boot and wranglers with chaps and letting him be a cowboy like bubba. Night before Halloween I got a text from a friend saying she came across a elephant costume her son had wore, so Nathan was an elephant and a very cute one at that.

Although not a fan of the hood because he couldn't see past the trunk he was still cute.

Our first stop was at the St. James Nursing home so the kids go see their Great Great Grandma, they had several of the residents sitting in the community room handing out candy. Of course Great Great Grandma wasn't out there so we had to venture back to her room. Needless to say it was a weird experience that I will post about later. But the boys got to see her she told Nathan elephants were ugly and told us she was dying.
Couldn't get a real good picture with both kids and her since she wasn't very cooperative
We left there and headed to my Grandparents house stayed a few minutes then headed to Vienna around 8 (which is past Nathan's bedtime and real close to Blake's) to see my parents. Both boys fell asleep on the way there and I had to wake them both up to go in. After leaving there we had to head back to Vichy to my in-laws house by this time I was wore out stressed and ready to be home.

I think next year if Blake isn't interested in going to more than one place we won't. I will not push it on him and I wont push him to get candy he don't eat or try to get him to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment