Friday, October 21, 2011

Hunting....

Blake loves to go deer hunting and looks forward to it each year. He and his daddy and his daddy's friend Justin have a routine they always stop at the gas station for chocolate milk and a bag of mini chocolate donuts. In fact he used to tell me we couldn't eat those donuts because they were for deer hunting only!

Last night my mom called and asked if they could have Blake today as papa had something planned that he would like... Squirrel hunting. I remember squirrel hunting with my dad and grandpa when I was young and it was fun until it was time to clean them. I hope that Blake goes out and gets to make some good memories with his papa and hope they get some squirrels.

Blake was so excited when I told him what they would be doing today that I thought he was going to bounce off the roof of the car! Then he asked if he was going to get to shoot one all on his own boy I hope not but I bet that if they see one that papa will hold him and the gun and let him pull the trigger. I haven't got any phone calls so I guess they are all still surviving the hunting trip!

2 comments:

  1. How cool. Does he participate, or just watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany-He participates as well as watches. I am not sure how he did with the squirrels but with deer he likes to help and asks a million questions.

    ReplyDelete