Last weekend was crazy, stressful busy and totally wore me out. Saturday we had an auction which is become a normal Saturday thing this summer. There are usually 5 of us that show up a bit earlier and start packing and loading, we have a good system that works quick and smooth we all know what the other is doing. Well we were off on Saturday not sure why but things just weren't as smooth. Should have known it was going to be a strange day. We arrive at the auction and start setting up and get plenty of food cooked and then sit and wait and wait. I went and walked around looking at some of the items that would be sold picked out a few I wanted to bid on. Around noon we had to cook some more, I think I am just getting wore out and tired of the same thing each weekend so I decided to browse around. I was able to go look in the barn and the old house which I think is cool seeing old things and the house hadn't been updated probably ever. Still had old family photos hanging on the walls the barn still looked like it had just been used for farming. They had a big dumpster and I found a poster for Blake with a motor cross rider on it something that they probably could have sold but hey I like the price I paid :)
I had been looking around for awhile and then noticed that a couple of the guys were gone, as I walked back up by the grill I was told there was a structure fire on Highway 68! My stomach sank I know just about everyone who lives along the highway. I helped Don unload his truck so he could go because they paged that there could be a possible person trapped, my mind immediately thought of all the older people who live on that stretch of highway. He couldn't get out so I had to run across the yard thru the people at the auction and get the keys to Bill's truck and move it, I jumped in started and pulled forward and hit a stump! I felt HORRIBLE!! But luckily it was just a small rotten one and didn't hit anything under the truck! Finally after the guys had been gone about an hour I found out who's house it was and that no one was home and they saved the house. We had to wait for a few hours for everyone to come back so we could pack up and head home, I fully figured I would get chewed out for hitting the stump but Bill didn't care and thankfully no one said much when they got back. It was one of those days you don't ever want to have again!
But I did end up with a teapot that matches my mother in laws kitchen which she LOVES and the free poster out of the dumpster and a wok that I will also give to my in laws. I can honestly say that is the first time I have EVER dumpster dived and technically I never got in I made a friend get the poster :)
No comments:
Post a Comment