Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fair Time

Well yesterday was Monday and today is my Friday! And let me tell you these two days have felt as long as a 5 day work week. In my 8 years here I have NEVER taken more than one maybe two days off in a row. Minus the three weeks I was off with Blake's delivery and Nathan's delivery. But even then I worked early late and lunch hours to make sure there was nothing left undone.

I am very nervous about having 6 total days off away from work, not really sure why I know I need and could use the time away from the daily grind of the workplace. Maybe I am afraid that I will realize that I am needing a permanent change in career and that scares me too.

Tomorrow I don't really have many plans other than some small errands and lots of cleaning at the house. Then tomorrow evening I am taking both boys to ride rides at the fair.
Thursday and Friday afternoon/eve/night I will be working at the fair over on the "hill" and Blake will come after work with Kenny and they will watch the Demo Derby and Truck and Tractor Pull. Nathan will stay with my mom (which is a first for her to ever have Nathan that long two days in a row) because it will be much to hot and to long for him to have to sit in a stroller. Not to mention a little loud for his little boy ears.

Saturday Blake wants us to ride in the parade and then he and his Papa Mitch are going to the kiddie tractor pull so he can pull like the big boys. After that Papa has him an arm band so he can ride some rides before the evening festivities start.

I have had myself in a ball of nerves for the last week and half about the fair. Worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up worried I'd mess up. But a friend told me to just think of it as a 3 day auction that the pace isn't much faster than when there are only two of us on the grill. So I am going to try and go with that, seriously hoping they are right. And hope that we have four people on the grill not just two.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend, I'll report back on Tuesday if I survived the long chaotic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment