I took last Thursday and Friday off work, our sitter was going to be out of town and Blake had a ticket for six flags he earned for reading.
So Thursday Blake, Kenny and I headed to Six Flags. We left Nathan with his Papa Kenny and Uncle Mark since he is to small to really enjoy the theme park.
We arrived just as they were getting ready to open and decided to ride all the rides before spending the day in the water park.
Blake loved riding Thunder River, Mine Train, Tidal Wave (which I opted out of so I could get us something to drink) and we rode Pandemonum. It was called the Tony Hawk ride last year, Kenny really liked that one he was like oh its nothing to exciting. Well he was wrong you spin around in circles while going around the roller costar ride.
We thought about taking Blake on some other rides but he was ready for the water park so off we went. We had a great time floating in Lazy River then letting Blake play in the kid area of the water park he loved going down the kid friendly slides and wanted to go down the bigger ones. We opted to wait another year before doing that. He is just now getting to where he likes going under water and we didn't want to scare him.
By 5pm he was wore out and ready to go home. I drove while Kenny and Blake slept most of the way back. Blake wanted to know when we could go back. I just wish those kind of parks weren't so darn expensive, pay to get in pay an arm and leg for any food you get. And of course all the stores that lure kids in and then you have the million questions why can't we buy this or play this game etc. So it will be a once a year thing and maybe when Nathan gets big enough we will try the season pass and pack our own food each trip.
The mine train was always one of my favorites.
ReplyDeletei remember as kids we used to be able to go to six flags all the time. we had coupons from school, too. it's so expensive nowadays! (along with everything else.) but i have to say i've been to silver dollar city and six flags is way better, plus you get more for your money. glad you guys had so much fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get 6 Flags tickets for Blake for the 600 minute reading program! I am glad you three got to go and had such a great time together.
ReplyDeleteMy husband's family NEVER buys anything, but they did always get one of those photo keychains from when they take your picture when they walk in to the park. They have three or four from their trips together, and that is a neat souvenir! I wouldn't buy anything though, I think its overpriced and junk!
So glad you had a good day!