Some random things on a Tuesday morning...
Today 8 years ago I was sitting in the salon getting my hair done for my wedding. Hard to believe its already been 8 years!
Blake seems to love school and is reading a few books on his very own, he used to memorize them as I read them. But I caught him reading one out loud and listened by the door and knew which parts he never got memorized correctly. Well to my surprise he sounded them out and got them right!!!
Nathan has gotten quite the cute pouty face when you tell him no, makes it hard to keep a straight face. He can easily tell you what he wants and asks questions.
This weekend both boys are going for a visit their favorite people Mike and April. Not sure who is more excited April or Blake..... Blake is excited to turkey farm and asked me to be sure to pack his new turkey farming shirt so he can be just like Mike. I am sure Nathan will love going and kissing all of April's nice clean windows. Then Saturday night they are staying with Dwayne and Connie their other "grandparents" who don't spoil them one bit. My kids will probably never want to come back to boring old home after spending a weekend being in the spotlight. But I am thankful to have friends like this in our life that love our kids and want to spend quality time with them.
By the end of this week the wiring should be completed in our house and we will be ready for the insulation guys to come do their thing. Then ready for the drywallers to come and hang the drywall. Oh then my favorite part picking paint and painting. My least favorite part will be shopping for tile Kenny and I don't quite agree. But I figure since he got to pick the cabinets and color of them for our whole house I should get to pick the tile I want.
Last night we drove to Edgar Springs and picked up a huge above ground pool that we will put in our back yard next summer. Friends of ours have had it for years and are to the age that they just don't want to mess with it their kids and grandkids don't come visit enough to utilize having it up and running. I am sooo excited I had always wanted a big pool when I was a kid and we could never afford one. This time we lucked out we got the pool and all filters ladder etc for free all we have to get is a liner and the bottom ring!
Next week I will only work Monday and Tuesday then off until the following Tuesday. Wish it would be a nice relaxing time off but it will be busy and full of hard work but fun work. Wednesday I will do some errands and things that need done. Then Thursday-Saturday I will be helping at the Maries County Fair from around 1pm until at least midnight each night. We will get to see if my pink tongs hold out to the fast pace at the grill.
No comments:
Post a Comment