Monday, August 1, 2011

Two weeks of drinking water only....

A few weeks back my friend Ashley posted about the Blood Water Mission and she wanted to drink free water only for two weeks. Then donate the money she saved from not buying teas, coffees, bottled waters etc and donate it to the Mission. I decided to jump on board and do this challenge with her. Because hey who needs to drink sodas coffees teas etc. I knew I could survive two weeks with only water, or so I thought.
I made it thru the first week great no problems although the caffeine headache the first few days was horrible!! Then by the start of the second week I was so darn tired of water I ended up having a couple sugar free iced teas and one soda. I guess if you live somewhere where you only have water as an option you could do it for ever. But everywhere we turn there is sodas, coffees, iced coffee, cappuchino, teas, juices etc. They are so cheap and readily available to us by the end of the two weeks I gave her $20.00. I really couldn't believe that in two weeks I could spend close to $20.00 just on beverages! But it really opened my eyes to how lucky we are to have clean drinking water along with so many more drinks.

Here is a link to her post about how the challenge turned out. http://afr2007.blogspot.com/2011/07/blood-water-mission-done.html

We have thrown the idea around about doing this again in the future maybe closer to the holidays. Not only was it for a good cause it was also good for your health and waistline.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't commit to this because I didn't think I would follow through.

    I think about giving up soda, so I probably will read about Dr Oz's no more soda plan -its gradual, which I need~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany-While I gave up soda the whole week and drank water. After the challege I resumed my favorite fountain Dr. Pepper. But I haven't drank mountain dew in 2 months!

    ReplyDelete