Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend was jam packed full but it was one of the best I have had in awhile. Friday night Kenny decided to go with some friends to a gun show in Columbia. I knew I needed to get groceries and figure out dinner for the kids. Brenda texted and asked if I would like to go out to eat with her, Don, Donnie, Ramona, Dimesha and Elizabeth. I was apprehensive to say the least I have never taken the boys to a sit down restaurant alone (no I wasn't alone but I was the only parent for my children) They do great when we go out to eat and I knew I had help if I needed it. So I agreed to go and we had a really nice time at dinner. Both boys ate great and were very well behaved. We rode to town with Don and Brenda so after dinner we stopped at Kroger so I could grab a gallon of milk I took Nathan in with me and Don and Blake stayed in the car playing games on my phone.

Saturday morning I got up and met Brenda and we got to spend the whole day together shopping in Jeff City it was an awesome day. We had so much fun trying on clothes and finding Easter dresses etc. We ate at Ruby Tuesday which was also very yummy! Kenny called once telling me Blake needed to say something and as a parent your first thought is oh no he did something wrong or got an owie. But nope he proudly got on the phone to tell me he rode his bike with no training wheels!!! I knew he could have done this months ago but also knew it had to be when he thought he was ready. Kenny did great with the boys all day and they all survived and so did the clean house!

Sunday I had to get Kenny up at 2am so he could go meet a friend and drive to Kirksville to get a piece of farm equipment (think next time he may ask details before agreeing to help) The boys and I went to church and after decided to join Don and Brenda and her sister for lunch at Shoney's. On the way to town Kenny called to say he was back and wanted to know what I was doing for lunch and ended up driving in to town just to eat with us. Made for a nice start to our day together and the boys were very happy to see daddy come eat with them. Then while Nathan was napping Blake showed me his new bike skills and we played soccer in the yard. It was so incredibly nice and warm we had window open and clothes on the line. Couldn't have asked for a better way to end the weekend.

This weekend is full of fun and some work I will go in to detail about it later but lets just say that I will get my bbq pork steak, ice cold mountain dew and amazing cupcakes all in the same day!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Blake is growing so much. Can't believe he is already riding his bike with no training wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a GREAT weekend! Its the kind of weekend that makes up for being snowed in back in February, right??

    What kind of dress did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend and a much needed one before the busy summer starts.
    I bought a short sleeve dress from Penney's its black, white, blue and green little squares that make an abstract pattern. It is also really cormfortable.

    ReplyDelete