Well this past Saturday was our first Auction to work. It was a small Auction (which I was glad of with it being the first one in 6 months we all needed a small one) in St. James. Ashley set up a cupcake stand across the street with all money going to a great organization called Sixty Feet. I had told everyone helping us about the cupcakes and as soon as she was up and going we all took turns heading over to buy some super yummy cupcakes. I actually ended up getting 2 dozen the first dozen went pretty quick, and I needed some to take home.
I got to use my new pink bbq tongs and they worked quite well and two of the guys had to eat their prior words of telling me the wouldn't work! By the end of the day we had got the list of all the upcoming auctions and the next one which is the 30th of this month is a massive farm auction. We have to be in Sullivan set up cooking by 8 am, I am NOT a morning person so for me getting up at 4 to be at the Fire House loading stuff by 5 is going to be a challange. We were also told it would be a really late sale as they were selling everything in one day! I am glad that my good friend April will have the boys Friday night and Saturday and then her parents need their visitation time with them on Saturday night. Then there is another Auction the following day. I think it will be a long weekend but it will be neat going to such a large farm auction.
We found out that one of the Auctions falls the same day as the Fire Department's fried chicken dinner, I was wondering how we would make it work. To my surprise Don told the lady in charge of the dinner he would leave two of his people there to cook chicken and that he and I could run the grill at the Auction. I was like um really you think I am ok to manage the entire one side of a grill alone for an entire day? He is pretty impressed with my grill abilities and thinks that with the next few auctions and dinners at the fire house I will be more than ready. Me on the other hand I am still a bit nervous!
My hope is that I find some super cool old stuff to use in our new house at these Auctions. Last summer I found a awesome mirror for the boy's bathroom and a dry sink that will be great in our dining room to hold our phone and answering machine. I also found a shelf and a picture for Blake's room. So I am excited to see what deals I can get this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment