Monday was my 28th Birthday, and to me it was just any ole day nothing important or special. Guess after you turn 16, 18, 20 (so you are no longer a teen) and then 21. For me 25 was special because I turned 25 on the 25 and it was a Friday. It had been a rough year and was nice to start fresh and have a nice party with our close friends.
This year my husband surprised me with a gift! He isn't much of a shopper or gift buyer. When he does get me things its usually something I need or something I can use not fun stuff or jewelry. I had been telling him that I wanted a smaller camera that could easily be put in my pocket, purse or diaper bag. We have a awesome camera but its big and bulky and hard to use with one hand. My mom said she would give me money for my bday and I knew my grandma would do the same so I planned on buying myself one. Saturday night we dropped the kids off at his parents house for a couple hours while we went out to eat at Matt's Steakhouse. Dinner was great and we got the kids picked up and home and while I was messing around in our room he snuck my gift in and sat it on the couch. I opened it to find the camera I had been wanting!!! I was so shocked and to get it 2 days before my birthday was even better!
Sunday between church services I went to Don and Brenda's to get the boys Easter bags and they gave me my birthday gift. They picked out a very pretty flower necklace and ear ring set the petals on the flower are all different color stones so it matches everything! She also baked my favorite... Lemon Pie and gave me a big box of skittles.
Monday was a pretty good day, woke up to a text from Brenda telling me happy birthday. Got several phone calls and texts from my close friends and extended family. By 2 I still hadn't heard from my mom, dad, or any of my grandparents. Ok really didn't expect to hear from my dad he is never good with dates. My grandma called to tell me she had my card and a lemon pie and that she made Kenny and the kids a chocolate pie. But my mom still never called the entire day, I guess she figures she saw me on Sunday and gave me my card that it was good enough. By yesterday it was really eating at me that she couldn't have called and said hey happy birthday...
A post about Easter and a post about fun things on Saturday will be coming soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment