I have two boys a 5 year old and an 18 month old. Good friends of ours have two girls a 5 year old and a 18 month old.... Well they all play well together which I am so glad of because Monday night I offered to watch both girls while their daddy went to a meeting. I was told I could be crazy and I have to admit I was skeptical I have NEVER watched more than 2 kids by myself and have never had more than 2 in my house at one time. But surprisingly the evening went very well. The older two played wii and the younger ones ran around and Nathan got so jealous of someone playing with his stuff he didn't really want to share. I realized really quickly that I was glad we never had twins because there were more bickering between the same age kids than there were the sibling sets. I think I would happily do this again (just not on a school night) and hope that it would be warm and dry so they could run some of that energy off outside. I got some very cute pictures on my phone that I will have to upload later.
I have to say I now know how my friend Ashley feels with having 4 kids cooped up in a house of an evening. It was very loud and well my house was a bit of a mess after the toys got strung out everywhere. But the kids had a lot of fun and Blake asked if the girls could come back again. I am very happy with my two boys but having a couple girls in the house for a few house was a very nice change.
:0) I'm just now finding time to sit down and read your blog! lol Yes, with little outside time it does get a bit "hairy", but if you had them all the time you would find activities and games that they like to play inside as well! :0) And yes, I would TOTALLY agree that kids of the same age argue more than regular siblings (aka, my triplets argue way more than H and G used to!)
ReplyDelete