Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend

I will post pictures and a more detailed recap of Saturday in a later post. But had time and wanted to post something this morning.

Friday evening was the norm pick kids up head to grocery store. The abnormal thing was the kids and Kenny stayed in the car while I ran in to Walmart to grab the few things we needed. Kids ate and went to bed pretty early. I on the other hand had a hard time falling asleep and kept waking up thinking I would over sleep as I was super excited for Saturday.

Of course sleeping past 7 on a Saturday doesn't happen when the kids are home, and for some reason they wake up on their own earlier than when we have to wake them up on week days. Not to mention dragging them out of bed and getting them dressed and ready for school and daycare. I got up dressed and kept double checking to be sure I hadn't forgot anything and that I had my book and GPS. The day was great we did lots of driving but it was neat seeing things we had never seen before driving thru neighborhoods with fancy huge houses. Then of course there was the much anticipated book signing which was totally the coolest thing I have ever done. Could have went without standing out in the cold for over an hour! But well worth it in the end.

The kids wanted to stay with my in laws Saturday night so I slept in til 9 on Sunday and got up and headed to church. Then went to lunch with friends then home to watch the race and clean the boy's room. I set the DVR to record the race so I could clean while the boys were gone. I packed up two large trash bags of toys the boys never play with and doubt they will ever notice them being gone! After several hours of deep cleaning I went to pick the boys up Nathan was happy to see me Blake wanted to stay and play. But after getting home Blake sat with me the entire race and watched it and loved it. However he said there weren't enough wrecks!

Then this morning as Blake was picking out a shirt he found a race car shirt and demanded to wear it because he knew it was Mike's favorite driver. Not only did he know more about racing than I thought he likes the green car because its his favorite color! And informed me that Toyota's can't be race cars they don't go fast but that his daddy's little blue car could go fast (its a 1980 Toyota Corolla that has about seen its last day!) of course he said daddy's car wasn't a Toyota.

It was a great weekend and Saturday was by far the best day I had in a long time and hope that we get a chance to go shopping again sometime! Well as long as we can take Betsy our GPS :)

1 comment:

  1. lol That's funny. I know when he stayed with us he kept watching Dale Jr.'s car because Mike was.

    ReplyDelete