Monday, February 28, 2011

Betsy

At the end of January my mom called and asked if I could order a GPS for my stepdad's birthday. So I searched and found a good deal on a Tom Tom supposedly they are the easiest to work etc. I got it for her to give him for his birthday, and he was very excited to get it! They used it leaving the grocery store to head home just to see if it worked (Its maybe a 2 mile drive)

So when I got invited to go with Connie and April to St. Louis for The Pioneer Woman's book signing I decided we would take the GPS along. Well it was a pretty neat gadget! We thought and finally named her Betsy... She lead us thru some side streets in a very nice neighborhood where there were multi million dollar houses in which we wondered what kind of families lived there and wondered what they looked like on the inside. She would kindly tell us to turn around if we went past our turn off and would remain quiet until we needed assistance.

I am pretty sure I will be purchasing one of these for myself and husband to use. He was especially interested when I told him it could find gas stations, restaurants and shopping around the location you were at. We are pretty good at finding our way to places such as Bass Pro in Springfield but clueless on where there are good places to eat or how to get to the mall from there. So I think it will be a great fun investment!

Anyway below is a picture of our other car companion on Saturday Betsy!!!

Not a great picture and if April and I would have thought I could have had her take a picture of it plugged in the truck on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Betsy!! I so wish April and I would have had one on our "adventure" in St. Louis when we went to the seminar!! We spent most of our time running red lights and getting lost. But the memories we made............ lol

    I had a wonderful day Saturday. The most fun I've had in a long time. And to me, meeting Ree was even more exciting than meeting a star. She is so nice, humble and down to earth.

    ReplyDelete