It's Thursday and the sun is shinning which is a great plus! My mood has improved each day which makes me happy! Work has been pretty slow and that is ok because in my down time I can help out a great project that my friend Ashley is doing. I was bummed I didn't get to go to her last project party but I am hopeful that things will work out better this time. But none the less I am happy that I was able to contribute to the last project and that I am able to help with this one as well.
Blake came home from school to tell me that he is in the star club for knowing all of his sight words without having help! I was so thrilled as there are probably 20+ words they are expected to know before Kindergarten. It makes me happy to see him so excited about excelling in school. I am glad he likes school and is making some friends however some of those friends I am not to crazy about and some have tried to get him in trouble.
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and while I know I won't get anything and I don't expect anything. I plan on making something special for dinner for the 4 of us that night just not sure what yet. I do know that Kenny has been wanting me to make an apple pie and I have all the stuff. My mom made up some pie filling and canned it and gave it out as Christmas gifts. The apples are from our tree at our new house and I have ate pies my grandma has made with them in years past and they are so yummy. So I think I will make that Sunday morning if he is gone working and surprise him with it.
Post about the project! I would love to hear your opinion about it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, its great to hear your son is excited about reading! Do you all go to the library or are you in a mail book club? I loved reading from an early age and the best gift my mom gave me was a weekly reader membership - we got a book in the mail each month and it was like Christmas all year!