Friday, February 25, 2011

Last night....

Ok I really need to be working but I need to write about my meeting last night! To start off with I wasn't nervous at all which shocked me. I got there 15 minutes early set my laptop up and started handing out the minutes from the last meeting. That part made me a bit nervous like when you turn in a paper and the teacher stands there and reads it. You are anxious and neverous about the reaction and hoping that you did an ok job. Well I busied myself while some of the members were reading it and mind you they are mainly older men and very opinionated and would tell me straight out if something wasn't right or they didn't like it. Anyway I got some great compliments on the format and the wording and those were from guys that probably don't give compliemnts or say hey you did a good job very often. It also came from people who had no clue how nervous I was about taking the position. It felt good to know that whew I made it thru the first meeting and then the first time they read what I had typed.
The meeting seemed extra long or maybe that was becuase I was wore out. But they kept talking about things that I didn't need to document, things that made no sense and just guys who like to argue and think they are right. And when it was all done nothing was decided on two subjects but we were all tried of listening to them getting no where. Reminded me of when I was a kid and attending the same meetings and sounded the same as it did 15 years ago old guys bickering.
Found out last night that I will soon be getting a list of all the members who have given us their email addresses so that I can send a mass email out informing them of our upcoming Pie Supper and Pie Auction in a couple weeks. Now that will make me nervous as I am not sure I have ever sent an email out to more than 10 or 12 people at once and I will be sending it to a whole community.

Oh and yesterday morning I got a very nice message from the Treasurer saying she was looking forward to seeing me and very glad that I am a part of the Fire Department again. Told me I was doing a great job and knew I was the right person for the position. So that started my day off great yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment