Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend

This weekend we loaded up the boys and drove to St. Elizabeth, a cute little small town where my friend April moved. The boys were anxious to get there and every minute or so Blake wanted to know if we were there yet and how much farther. Of course he wanted to go farm with Mike and see turkeys and thought that once we drove the long ways that the turkeys would be another long drive. Which he later found out was only a short drive from their house.

Once we left there we had planned on going on to Jeff City and Columbia to do some shopping eat a nice dinner and go watch a movie. However those plans fell apart when we got a call that we needed to drive to St. Louis. I was upset that we had to drive another two hours and not get to have our fun day. My mother in law wanted to go with us and I was so glad when Kenny told her that this weekend had been planned for us to spend together. That April was nice enough to want the boys for the weekend so we could have some much needed time together alone. She decided to stay home and drive up the following weekend. We got to St. Louis pretty late in the afternoon visited with them for awhile. There was a weird tension in the air and I was very ready to leave. They tried talking us in to eating Arby's with them but we wanted to salvage what we could of our day so we went to Outback Steakhouse and had a very nice dinner. It had been so long since we had been out to eat just the two of us for dinner. And it was nice being in a town where we didn't know anyone so there wasn't people constantly stopping by to chat.

Sunday morning I got up and got ready for church and boy oh boy was it a weird feeling going to church without the kids! Felt naked and lonely but I sat between Brenda and her sister Linda and it was a great service. After church Brenda asked if Kenny and I wanted to meet her and Don at the Chinese restaurant in town. I wasn't real sure he would want to but I said I'd try and to my surprise he wanted to go! So we met them along with Scott, Tammy, Linda and Diane at the restaurant. It was a very nice meal (well as nice as could be for a buffet place) But it was nice being around that whole group who will keep you laughing no matter what mood you are in. After lunch we headed to Family Center to get the boys Valentines Day gifts then to Connie and Dwayne's to get the boys. Of course when we got there Blake was like oh mom I don't want to go yet I am having to much fun.
By the time we got the boys in the car and headed home they were very wore out and both slept the whole time. In fact as soon as they ate dinner both were ready for bed! And they slept sound all night, very glad that April wore them out for me!

Nathan learned two new words this weekend he learned to say gobble gobble after seeing the turkeys and I have heard he learned to say Nonnie (I haven't got him to say it yet but they say he does) He still calls cows arfs but at least we are gaining on his animal noises.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed and laughed about the cow. Daniel calls them Mmmmmmmmmaaas. I guess that is mooing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If April hadn't sabotaged me when I was drilling(a person has to do whatever they can) him to say "Nonnie", I think he would be saying Nonnie instead of gobble, gobble. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with bethany about the cow noise, that's hilarious!!!! the things they come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we could wear them out for you. We had a nice weekend with them!

    ReplyDelete