Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday

It is Friday which should make me jump for joy and happy that the weekend is right around the corner and with it warmer weather is arriving. However I am in a mood not sure what to feel or how to feel. My kids are super excited for their weekend with April and Mike and then to spend time with Connie and Dwayne on Sunday. I am sure they will have lots of fun getting spoiled with all the attention!




The last week or so my husband's uncle has been in the hospital he went in because he wasn't feeling well. Over the years he has been in and out of the hospital for different things and never was 100% healthy the 12 years I have known him. Earlier in the week they put him on a ventilator to help him breathe and then his kidneys shut down so they told his wife she would have to make a decision on what to do. Well they tried several more things to bring him back around and to get his kidneys and other ailments fixed and nothing seemed to help. So yesterday afternoon she made a decision that I don't wish upon anyone to unplug the ventilator and let him go. While I know he is in a much better place and no longer feeling bad or in pain its still not an easy thing. This Uncle and Aunt were the ones we were closest to out of my husband's family, he had been close to them his whole life and its where his grandma is currently living. Last weekend I asked my husband if he wanted to go up and see his Aunt and Uncle at the hospital and he said no and while I sit here now thinking I should have pushed the issue and made him go its to late and I can't change a thing.

I am not really sure if they will have a funeral or memorial service for him, I think they should because he has lots of family in the Vienna area and friends who would probably like to have a chance to say their goodbyes.

Also not sure what to do or say to my husband as he is keeps his feelings to himself as do I. So just like I never mentioned what last week was I doubt he will say anything on how he feels about losing his Uncle.



Seems like the end of January and the start of February is getting more and more full of anniversary's of deaths of friends and loved ones. Last week was the anniversary of 3 friends this week is the anniversary of one of my good friends from highschool who passed away 5 years ago. And now my husband's Uncle, guess the only good way to look at it is that if they are all grouped together you can grieve each year at one time and not have it spread all throughout the year.

1 comment:

  1. You've had quite a week!!
    It is hard when someone dies and you wish you had seen them before hand. I think we are extra hard on ourselves about this. I know when my Grandma died in 1988, I had been to St. Louis the week before to take Chad to Cardinal Glennon for his kidney checkup. I had planned on stopping at Barnes on the way home to see Grandma. There was an emergency our doctor had to take care of so I sat in a small exam room with Chad waiting for three hours for the doctor to get back. By the time we saw him, it was almost time to meet Dwayne at his jobsite. So, we went on and didn't take the time to see Grandma. Afterwards, I thought how easy it would have been to drive across town after meeting Dwayne to see Grandma.
    Another thing people always say when someone dies, "but I just saw them last week" or some other date. I think it's just our shock and remembering when we saw them last.
    Praying for you through this.

    And we're looking forward to seeing the kids Sunday.

    ReplyDelete