Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Soccer and friends

Last night was Blake's third soccer game of the season. With the weather cooling off I decided it was best that Nathan stay home where it was warm. His team was playing the orange team and there were 3 brothers on the team that Blake knows from school one of which is in his class. He was so excited to get to play soccer with Hunter (even though they were on opposing teams). I was able to catch up with their mom Ashley whom I hadn't seen since Highschool, it was very nice getting to watch the boys play soccer and chat a bit. We had been trying to find a date and time to finally get to meet and catch up a bit and things never worked out for both of our very busy schedules. 
After the game we were able to get the kids rounded up for this picture.
All of our children minus Nathan, I wish that it would have been warm enough for him to be there as the would have liked playing with the younger kids.
I hope that in the near future we are able to get our schedules to match up so we can have a play date with all the kids. I know Blake wants to get to know Hunter's brother's Blake and Silas better as he only gets to see them on the playground. Although having two Blake's may be a bit confusing at first but I am sure it will work out just fine.
Several of my friends have children most are a lot younger or older than mine, or they live to far away to get together for play dates. It's nice getting reacquainted with friends from school and finding they have children Blake's age that he attends school with and is friends with. Living in the country you don't have the privilege of having friends right down the street so I want to do my best to allow him to get to know his school friends better and for me to get to know their parents better.

Blake loves soccer and is continually getting better and understanding more about the game and how it works. He likes being the goalie and isn't afraid to tackle the ball when it comes at him.

Not a real good picture as I was across the field but here is Blake getting ready to block the ball.

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! So the soccer is fun for Mama, too! I never did sports when I was that age, but I look forward to Daniel doing those things and meeting parents, too. We lived in the country and you really DO have to make the effort to go meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed chatting with you as well!

    ReplyDelete