Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The long 5 day weekend

It was very nice having 5 days off from work able to get lots of things done that had been on my to do list for far to long. Yesterday morning I was ready to return to work refreshed and no longer feeling burnt out by my job.

Wednesday night we went to the fair and Blake got to ride the rides for awhile, Nathan stayed with my mom since I knew it would be impossible to help Blake get on and off rides or ride with him and have Nathan with me. So Blake and I rode a few rides together and a few he rode alone.

Thursday I took Blake to school and Nathan to the sitter and decided to call my Grandma to see if she would like to spend the morning shopping with me. Of course she agreed and was more than happy to get out of the house, ever since my Grandpa fully retired she rarely gets to town alone to shop. We had a great time shopping I found lots of cute tops and some new shoes and clothes for the kids. My Grandma found her some new shoes and a new purse then she treated me to lunch at Chilis. I got Blake off the bus picked Nathan up and headed home to get ready for the fair. Blake loves watching the Demolition Derby and we found out that Nathan loves it as well. Other than the rain and getting wet 3 times it was a great night and went home with two very wore out kids.

Friday morning Blake was tired and unmotivated to get up lucky for him I was taking him to school so he didn't have to get up as early as when he rides the bus. I spent the morning and early afternoon doing laundry cleaning out closets and dressers packing away anything that was to big for me and to small for Nathan. Then I had an appointment to get my hair colored and while I knew I wanted something different I was scared of change. Well I picked out a color I thought I would like held my breath and went for it. Thank goodness it turned out great and I liked it. The stylist was worried I wouldn't like it or that Kenny would hate it (I have to admit I was very worried about his opinion) But I got lucky and everyone seems to like it. That night we all headed back to the fair for the Truck and Tractor Pull and Nathan loved it as well. He got very tired at times so I would push him around and he would take a few cat naps. Blake stayed up and going the whole time and the whole ride home.

Saturday we slept in which was a very nice treat then got ready to head to the fair so Blake could ride rides before the Tractor Pull started. Nathan stayed with my mom as I knew he was wore out and needed some down time from the fair activities. By 9pm I had about all I could stand of the fair we had been there since 2 and I was wore out from the long weekend, Blake was wore out and afraid to sit down he kept running and running I think he knew if he sat for to long he would be sleeping.

Sunday and Monday were spent recouping from the fair and cleaning and organizing things in the house. I packed away the baby swing, baby bath tub and all infant clothes and stored them away. It was a bit sad packing up his stuff knowing that we would never need it again unless we have friends who have babies that we get to spoil.

It was an overall great weekend full of fun and friends. However I am glad its over with because I don't know how many weekends like that I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment