I love living in a small community. Yes it has its moments when everyone seems to know your business before you do but then there are lots of times its great. Sunday in Church me and the kids always sit next to my grandparents. We sit in the same pew in the same spot each Sunday, in fact every member has their "spot" they always sit in which I find funny. The pew behind us has two couples one I know really well, Don and Brenda and the other I am just getting to know Scott and Tammy. They are older and their kids are grown and both couples have grandkids so they love making faces at Nathan and entertaining him as he stands up in the pew backwards to look at them.
Some Sundays Don and Brenda want to hold him and play with him and other Sundays the younger girls who sit in front of us hold him and play with him. While it used to bother me others passing Nathan around it no longer does. I never ask anyone to hold him they just reach over and grab him because he was smiling at them or was reaching for them.
Well this past Sunday Nathan was making funny faces to Scott behind us and the next thing I know he picks Nathan up. They had a great time playing and making faces at each other. I hadn't really ever talked to him or his wife I had only met them thru Don and Brenda and was around them some at the fair over Labor Day Weekend. Very nice people and you could tell they love kids.
After church they had a dinner downstairs which Nathan and I didn't attend I ran to town to get groceries instead. But after returning home I decided to go to the park to where our church was having a softball game. I knew I probably couldn't play since I didn't want Nathan out in the sun and didn't want him close to the action, but I decided to go ahead and attend and be a spectator.
To my surprise I got there and within minutes of the game starting Scott and Tammy told me to get out there and play and they would play with Nathan. I was hesitant as I don't want to burdon anyone with my children but they insisted again so I went. I had a blast playing and laughing at all the kids and adults playing. I of course was teased for being a left handed batter when I am right handed person in general. I kept looking over to make sure Nathan was behaving and all three of them had a constant smile on their face.
I was very grateful for them playing with Nathan and I know they really enjoyed it. I later found out that their grandchildren don't live close by so they rarely see them. It made me happy knowing that Nathan could fill a bit of that void they had not being able to play with their grandchildren.
No comments:
Post a Comment