Days like today I would much rather be home with the kids and not have to get out in the rain umpteen times.
Blake loved soccer Tuesday night, he was one of the few who wasn't afraid of the ball and not afraid to try and block it from going in the net. He is super excited for his firs real game this coming Tuesday.
I am still getting used to my new hair color quite a change to go from blonde to dark brown with red highlights. I have got lots of compliments on it but still a shock every time I walk by a mirror.
Nathan turns one in 15 days, so hard to believe a year has already passed! I still need to get him a couple gifts and buy all the food and supplies for his party.
Blake loves school and is really getting good at writing his alphabet and numbers and wants to practice all the time which excites me. He came home yesterday and said that a girl who sat with him on the bus read him a book. The boy loves his books which is also a great thing.
I could really use a shoulder massage and find relief for this sinus headache that has decided to take up residence in my head for the past 4 days.
A good friend has a birthday next weekend and I am excited that she and Nathan get to share a birthday dinner next Thurs at a local favorite restaurant. We had hoped that Nathan would be born close to her birthday but he came 6 days after but still close enough to celebrate with dinner together. However I think the only thing on the menu he will eat is fries and bread.
Several of my friends are pregnant some early in pregnancy and some close to the middle and end everyone asks if it gives me baby fever and while I love babies I am very happy and satisfied with my two healthy boys. I very much dislike being asked why didn't we try again and try for a girl, not sure why people can't accept that we are happy with two and were very lucky to have two healthy boys. Pregnancies aren't good on me and my body didn't like being pregnant.
Hard to believe that in a month Halloween will be here and of course Blake will be a bullrider once again. This year he has new bullriding gear. Not sure what Nathan will be maybe a lion or a cow depends on what I can find cheap. Then Thanksgiving comes right after that is Christmas where oh where did the year go???
Well I think I have rambled on enough for one afternoon. I will post pictures tomorrow of Blake's first soccer practice.
People ask why you didn't want a girl? I think that is odd! I think people just have nothing better to say, I guess. I sort of hope to have a boy this time so its "same old same old" and I feel more prepared about everything!
ReplyDelete