Christmas is always a busy day for us and usually the days leading up to it as well. The Tuesday before Christmas we went to my Grandma’s house in Rolla to do presents with her. And we had a good time I even got a couple good pictures of Nathan with his very first Christmas present.
Christmas Eve my mom and stepdad watched the kids and when I went to pick them up she let Blake open his gifts and I got to open my gift and Nathan’s. They got Blake a nerf shotgun that shoots the little foam darts that stick on things well he loves that thing he shots it at the refrigerator and tries to make them stick.
Christmas morning Blake woke up real early wanting to know if Santa had came, this was the first year he understood about Santa and questioned it. So we got up early and opened all our gifts at home. I had to rush to clean up and cook a casserole to take to my grandparents house. We headed to my grandparents house and the roads were a bit slick so we wondered if my uncle would make it here or not in their little car. Blake was in a mood and was a little grouchy so he was very impatient that we had to wait a long time for everyone to arrive so we could eat and then open gifts. My grandma let Blake open his gift from his Great Great Grandma it was crayons and markers and coloring books that she had bid on in the nursing home to give him for Christmas. I think it would have been neat to see the auction at the nursing home watching all the old people fight over the gifts. My Great Grandma said some old woman ran the bid way up but she was determined to get that gift for Blake. My uncle finally made it and we had a really good dinner and dessert. Blake got lots and lots of things there to open and then he helped my mom open her gifts and then proceeded to help Nathan.
Later that evening we went to Kenny’s parents house for Christmas and we had dinner there and then opened gifts by this time I was exhausted Nathan was getting fussy because he was way off schedule and hadn’t had enough naps. Blake got a train set and a remote controlled uniloader. Well of course when it was time to leave he didn’t want to go with us so he ended up staying so he could get up early and play with his new toys.
Saturday morning we got up and Kenny was going to go in to work and try to get my car finished, but when he called to check on Blake, Blake said he wanted to come home so he went and picked him up. I asked Blake why he wanted to come home and he said he missed his Nathan and didn’t want to say if his Nathan couldn’t be there with him. It was very sweet. So he spent the afternoon playing with his new playdough and I tried finding places to put all of the things we got for Christmas.
Sunday morning I could no longer deny it I had a cold. I had a sore throat for a few days prior and well I woke up congested and miserable. But I still took the kids to church and thankfully they both behaved very very good. We came home and rested a bit while waiting for Kenny to get done cutting wood and we went to Vienna to meet the new sitter.
It was a long exhausting weekend and I was almost glad to come back to work yesterday just to get back to my normal schedule. I still have tons that needs to be done around the house and it seems like every night something comes up or we are late getting home. But I will eventually get everything back on track and going smooth.
hope you are feeling better - and happy new year!!!!!
ReplyDelete