Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sitter Troubles

The day before Christmas Eve, the sitter calls and told me she would no longer be able to watch the kids. I was upset as I have had to find spur of the moment sitters several times in the course of Blake’s 4 year life. I ended up being upset and crying the whole evening and night trying to figure out what to do and who to ask. I have major fears of sending Nathan to a big daycare that has lots of babies with worry that he wont get the care and attention he needs not to mention the expense. So Thursday I had to work until noon and my mom had the kids I chose not to tell her about the sitter situation until I picked them up. While at work I emailed places that had ads in the paper only to realize it was going to cost me 200 a week to have Nathan go 4 days and Blake 1 day. I told my mom that afternoon and she thought a minute and remembered that someone from Vienna was starting a daycare and was looking for kids. I was a bit skeptical as we work in Rolla if I would want to drive all the way in to Vienna each day. But I went ahead and called her on Saturday and set up a meeting on Sunday and well she is very nice and I could tell by the moment we walked in her house that it was the right place for my kids to be. I can’t explain the feeling but it was a good one and Blake even liked it and wants to go back. I know all things happen for a reason and for some reason my kids need to be near or in Vienna because the last two years they have been right outside of Vienna and now in Vienna. I hope that everything works for the best with the new sitter, we found that one of the little boys is Blake’s age and is very into John Deere so Blake is excited to meet him. It will be a lot of extra driving but I feel its very worth it for my kids to be happy and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment