Well it feels like forever since I was online to actually post anything. I was off work from Friday until this morning. For some unexplained reason my blood pressure will go up sky high then a day or two later be down below normal. The doctor thinks its just my bodies way of dealing with pregnancy. Although since the baby has dropped down lower my blood pressure has seemed to remain on the low side which is fine by me not to mention its nice to feel like I can breathe again.
Yesterday the doctor checked me and found me to be dilated to a 1 which is not huge progress but means progress is starting and so now I really need to watch and time all contractions I have instead of ignoring them like I had been doing. We have a semi scheduled delivery c-section date of Sept 25 or 28 but the doctor in Columbia seems to think it will be much sooner than that so maybe a week before the 25th. My doctor says she does c-sections on Monday but I would prefer a Friday so that Kenny and Blake don't have to miss school and work and she said she would try to make a Friday due date work which makes me happy that she is willing to do a delivery on a day different than her usual. And another reason why I am happy with driving an hour to be a patient of hers.
So she has allowed me to return to work for 5 hours a day then go home rest a couple hours before I start dinner and evening chores etc to see if we can keep my stress and blood pressure under control until delivery. With my pregnancy with Blake I was to focused on working and making sure I worked 8-9 hour days the entire pregnancy and worked up until I had him. I worked Friday and had him that Sunday morning. I was stressed wore out and exhausted and never got to have time to relax before he came and sure didn't have time after. Plus I returned to work real early at 4 weeks after his birth so I think this time I will slow down sooner even if it means making less $ I think it will be well worth being rested knowing that when I come home from the hospital I will have my hands full with a new baby and a 4 year old to take care of.
I am so ready for this pregnancy to be done and over and glad that Kenny is in agreement with me that two kids are plenty for us and that I can get my tubes tied and not have to worry about trying to get pregnant miscarriages or the stress and toll pregnancy takes on my body. I will be happy to have two healthy boys and for myself to be healthy. I know this pregnancy was very difficult and that they say if I did want another child it would more than likely be another hard pregnancy and I just don't think I could do this all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment