Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Party....


This was my first year attending the Christmas party for the ambulance district I work for. I had heard many many things about the parties some good some bad and well I just wasn't sure I wanted to go. Kenny wasn't really interested in going with me and I really wasn't sure if I wanted him meeting my coworkers for the first time while they were all having to much fun with drinking. I was still on the fence about going and asked one of my good friends if she wanted to attend with me. She knew some of them that would be there and had talked to all of them on the radio since she's a dispatcher for our district.

Party started at 6 and ate dinner soon after. It was very loud as we were crammed in a small room but it was nice seeing everyone outside of work (and in normal clothes lol). Some that are fairly uptight at work were letting lose and having fun which was nice to see a different side of them.

 
 
This was our first picture of the night before we ate dinner and had drinks. The dinner was amazing I should have took a pic but probably would have had some funny looks. We had smoked brisket, smoked turkey and smoked chicken, rolls, corn, baked potato, salad, cole slaw and I think that was all. It was SUPER good the guy who catered it did an awesome job. Lucky for him he is also in ems in a neighboring town so he didn't think we were to wild of a group.
Apparently the EMS people like to party and have a good time... I was still trying to process the party the next day!
 
They had a photo booth set up with all kinds of fun props and the lady posted them all online and you can download for free which is super cool.
 
Amanda and I decided to do the photo booth early (we frequented it again later as well)
Ok so maybe we had a couple drinks by then. The party was a lot of fun we had a dj/karaoke there (no I didn't sing and glad I wasn't asked I would have made a fool out of myself) however I did dance and alot which is rare for me and well I know there was video taken and pics thankfully they haven't ended up on facebook yet.... I am sure I don't dance well compared to some that was out there.


Laurie and I had to get our pic together....

Me and Stephanie. I hadn't seen her much since I partied with her at their wedding reception a year ago. We had a lot of fun dancing and being silly.

This is all but maybe 3 or 4 of my coworkers we took a big group picture that turned out fairly well for it being mid way thru the evening.

The girls of SJAD we were missing 2 I think from this picture. I had always heard EMS is like a big family and well Friday night I saw that and was a part of it, which was nice. I have been there since March and never really felt like I had "fit" in with their group but in the last couple months that has changed and really changed Friday night.


This was closer to the end of the night... I am surprised we got us both in the picture... Most of the people went on to another bar to have an "after" party I opted not to go along. I stayed with a few and our boss and his wife to clean up the place and load all the supplies and left over food up in to the ambulance. I had planned on leaving from there and go straight home but the crew that was still there talked me in to coming to the base for a while to help them unload the stuff. I had quit drinking a while before that and knew I was fine. But they insisted I come by and hang out with them, was very nice that they cared enough to want me to wait a while before driving home.
The next morning I had several texts from people making sure I had made it home ok honestly don't know that I have really ever had that happen before. A lot of time I am the one making sure others got home but it was nice knowing they wanted to be sure I was safe.

I was told this was a MILD party compared to some no one mooned the train (although it was mentioned and we thought about doing it if a train came by). Everyone had fun left all the crap of work at the door and saw the real side of my coworkers. We all see each other for 12,24 or 48 hours at a time in uniform tired wore out stressed from bad calls or so many calls we can't see straight. Was fun to let lose and get to know some of the people I don't work with on a regular basis.




No comments:

Post a Comment