Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A day of fun with the kids....

I was lucky enough for our office to he closed on Friday and wasn't scheduled to work at the ambulance. I had been thinking for quite awhile about taking the boys to Chuck E Cheese... Found some coupons online a week or so ago that were about to expire so I decided Friday would be a great day to go. I was worried there would be lots of people there with school being out and parents off work for the holiday. We had to drive a little over an hour to Colombia and the kids thought it was a super long drive and we would never arrive. I was a bit nervous taking the boys alone especially if the place was packed but forged ahead anyway. Blake has been there once when he was Nathan's age. 
We arrived around 11 and was glad to see and empty parking lot!!! We went in got our pizza ordered got the drinks and tokens. Told the boys that they couldn't play games until they ate... So while we waited they looked around to what they wanted to play and do first. 
They were mesmerized by all the games 
Nathan had to ride this one several times. Then both boys realized if they played certain games they got tickets and could cash them in on prizes. 

While we were there a friend of mine stopped by to visit.. Was so great to see Bethany after so many years. We text and email often so it was nice to talk face to face!! Next time ill have to plan my trip to Colombia in advance and find a nice day and meet at a park to let the kids play! 
We stayed for several hours and finally ran out of tokens. 
He loved the horse riding game. 
Of course all the prizes they wanted were way more tickets than they had earned.. So they got a couple bracelets a whistle and book marks. 
It was a fun trip stress free while there... The drive to and from was filled with he's looking a me mom he's bugging me and are we there yet ;) but I am very glad I got to spend that time with the boys doing something fun. The whole rest of the weekend they talked about chuck e cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day. Sherie and I took the boys when they were two and four; not sure if they even remember it now.

    ReplyDelete