I am glad that we are finally in our new house and can have a garden although I know it will be a lot of work and headache it will be worth it. Its the first experience of gardening for my kids and Kenny. I have been helping my grandparents in the garden since I was Nathan's age. So I know the drill and what to do etc its all new to the three of them. Well the kids helped pick stuff out of the garden last year.
Couldn't get the whole garden in the picture but this was before it was tilled. My grandpa planted a row of potatos last week and they are starting to pop up.
Nathan carried his chair up to the garden to watch the action. I asked him what he wanted in the garden and he told me corn, taters, maybe cucumbers and maybe peppers and tomatos.
Not sure why the pictures look squished, they didn't look that way on my phone.
Anyway my Grandpa is giving Kenny a lesson on how to use the corn seed planter thing. Not sure how he got off that easy when I was a kid we had to poke the hole in the ground with finger and manually place the seed then cover it up... Blake was watching then decided he would rather go across the road and eat cookies and watch cartoons at great grandmas...
Our steer still won't let us pet him but he isn't afraid of us anymore either. He is blind but does a great job of knowing where everything is in his pen. My grandma said he hears her when she goes to the mailbox and "stares" at her so she gives him some extra food mid day... Not sure what the boys will think when Horsey gets grown and we take him to the butcher shop.
In between the boys doing the gardening I was inside catching up on the dreaded laundry. Not sure but I think it multiplies when we are gone during the day.
Looks like a fun and productive night! And I am with you about Laundry, I seriously think it multiplies!
ReplyDelete