Monday, May 13, 2013

The Weekly Chase

Wow another week has came and gone already!!!!!


Last week my goals were:

Goals for this week: On the bring a friend along well I am lost on this one. I don't have many friends and the ones I have aren't fitness conscious.... I did find a friend to do the obstacle course race with me which totally made my day on Friday!. Well the first friend I found to do the race backed out but mid week I found another friend so its all good.

The goal this month is to bring a friend along. I got an unexpected friend request from a girl I took emt class with last year. Anyway she wants to do some races with me and we are looking in to doing the Warrior Dash later this year. She lives not far from where I work so I hope that maybe schedules work out and we can do some lunch time workouts together.

1-Stay away from the soda and continue to drink lots of water. Success!! I think I may have had two sodas total this week most of those were watered down with tons of ice.


2-Bring my lunch daily and make clean healthy meals for dinners. Did great with this as well. My boss bought lunch one day and it killed my stomach just a reminder I can't eat that stuff any more.


3-Get in at least 3-4 workouts on my lunch break this week Fail I got one lunch time workout in this week, between errands that needed ran and the weather it just didn't work out.


4-Do at least 2 workouts at home even if that means running around the yard with the kids. Yes and no on this not real break a sweat workouts but was active almost every evening doing something.


5-Start figuring out what to wear for the race this month. Have ideas nothing set in stone yet. I am doing a shirt in memory of a friend who lost a baby 13 years ago. With the race being on memorial weekend I thought it was a good way to remember her and her daughter.

Goals for this week:

1-Challenge goal- Continue to find friends in real life to join in with workouts and healthy food adventures.

2-Drink more water than soda.

3-Focus on getting workouts in this week even if its just something simple as wall pushups, squats and planks.

4-Spend time with the kids of an evening this working 7 day a week is taking a toll on me and I am sure them as well.

5-Make next Saturday fun and special for the kids and take them to do something fun. I work Friday night and all day on Sunday so since Saturday is open I want to make it count.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you make the most of the little time you have off with the family... inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your goals last week Shelley! I'm excited you found a friend to do Warrior Dash with! That will make it so much more fun! Good luck this week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my goals is to drink less soda. It's tough! Good luck!!

    Astorybooklife.us

    ReplyDelete