Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fun with the kids.

Last night when the kids and I got home I was busy putting away things and changing out of my work clothes I had passed back and forth thru the kitchen a couple times. Then I saw this on the counter.

My grandma had brought over a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing (my favorite cake) and some of her home made cream corn that she had made last summer with corn from the garden.
Two days prior I came home to grandmas fried chicken on the counter.. I think I really like my counters :)

Made me very grateful to have my grandparents across the road from us and for my grandma to still have the capability and energy to cook and share with us. Cake isn't very healthy but I am NOT passing up her cake as I know that she won't always be around to make it.

After the kids ate dinner Nathan begged me to come out and play with them. So I started laundry and went out. First we were in the back yard and Nathan and I ran up and down the hill back there.

Blake was using a weed whacker thing and was knocking down weeds.. It kept him busy and he had fun.. Sure didn't look like much fun for me.. So Nathan and I ran up and down the hill several times and then he decided we needed to go around to the garage.

Santa brought Blake a ripstik for Christmas two years ago. Well we had a friend who's son had one and they looked easy. HA HA HA its far from easy but I decided to get it out last night and try and figure the thing out.

Then Blake wanted to try it.
He hung on to the four wheeler while going around. I am still not sure how to use it and I think I need to search you tube videos for instructions. It can't be that darn hard! So while Blake was playing with that Nathan was riding his bike.
I am going to break down and go to walmart and buy myself a bike both kids LOVE riding and I know Blake and I can go for long rides up and down the road.

Blake told me I could ride his razor scooter thing. So I rode it for quite awhile while Nathan chased me with his bike.

The scooter thing was quite a bit of fun but I would like a bike better. I priced them at walmart I can get a decent one for around 100. And for the exercise and fun I can have with my kids it will be well well worth it.

Kenny got done mowing around dark and the boys helped him move some toys in the yard and they went over to feed Horsey. While they were doing that I went in and took a nice long hot bath in the peace and quiet. Was a nice evening and a very much needed one.

Both boys slept like rocks all night which was good I like when they are wore out at night and go to bed easily :)





No comments:

Post a Comment