Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

Some random things that are running thru my head this week:

-My Fugitive Run is 18 days away. Last I posted I had a partner well she backed out. I may have cried a bit stressed a lot and by yesterday afternoon I had another partner (had one girl want to do but also backed out last minute). My new partner is signed up and paid her fees no backing out :)

-I have never met the girl I am doing the race with we had a mutual friend I sent her a facebook message out of the blue a couple weeks ago and since then have been messaging back and forth. She finally took the plunge and registered. She is way older than me but very much in to working out and being healthy. Hope that we meet once before race day but if not its all good. Did find out I work with her son at my second job ya small world.

-Seriously woke up this morning and had to lay there about 5 minutes to figure out what day of the week it was! 10 more days and I will have a partial day off :)

-Going to start working on getting up by 5 and get outside and get my cardio in. Its daylight enough by then I can be on our road and be seen and its also about the only time of day our road doesn't have lots of traffic.

-Got to work on upper body strength ALOT in the next 18 days.

-Still doing the clean eating challenge and also doing the sugar detox challenge this week. However don't look at what my breakfast of choice was today it isn't clean and its full of sugar. But lunch will be back on track!

-The Freezin for a Reason race was in January and I am still finding pink glitter in my car (I didn't drive my car the day of race) and finding it in the house here and there.. But I always smile when I see it as it brings back happy memories of the race and of the evening making the costume with one of my best friends.

-Really need to find some more local races to do and bite the bullet and sign up for the rock n roll half again.

-Use what few days I have off this month and do fun things with the boys. I get off at 8am next Saturday and I want to use the day to the fullest and take them for something fun and exciting. I have to go back to work on the 19th at 8am so can't be to wild.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have someone doing the race with you, you are going to do awesome!

    Um, I never know what day of the week it is when I wake up, half the time I don't even know who I am. I'm soo not a morning person.

    Kudos on getting upper body workouts in before the race, I'd suggest take it easy last few days before though, don't want jello arms on race day!

    ReplyDelete