Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Random things running thru my mind.

Well it's Tuesday however my body isn't sure what day it feels like. I searched and searched for an outfit in this town to wear for my race this month. However no luck I refused to pay 35 (that's sale price) for a pair of non name brand capris that I know will get stained and maybe ruined with the mud and water.

So I got on walmart.com and looked around found a pair of shorts, tank top and a dress all for less than half of what the one pair of capris were! That's crazy and even crazier its the Danskin brand and the store I had looked at had that brand as well and was triple what walmart's price was. Not sure if the shorts will work if not I will order the capris I saw that I liked. We were told not to wear anything made of cotton which don't sound that hard until you need capris/shorts and shirts like that. I have several shirts that aren't cotton but I don't want to ruin them on this race either.

Still need to figure out socks so if any of my readers has any suggestions on socks that are good for mud water and running please let me know.


The weekend was a long one for work I went to work at 8am Saturday and got home at 8pm on Sunday. It was a good weekend we weren't busy but yet its still exhausting. I need to get better at cooking more during the week to have plenty of left overs to take with me to eat during the weekends of work.

Last night we had our monthly fire training meeting and we learned how to use our new air bag system. Its pretty neat system yet slightly complicated to hook up. We were there from a little after 6 until almost 10 so once I got home i had to fix myself some dinner and get things ready for today.

Its the last full week of school for Blake and I am GLAD!! I am getting tired of the early morning rush and him not wanting to get up and moving. We will still get up early once school is out but it wont be the crazy rush to daycare to catch the bus.

I work Friday night at my second job and get off at 8 am on Saturday I hope the weather is nice enough I REALLY want us to take the boys to the zoo. Blake has only been once when he was 1 and Nathan has never been. I have only been the one time that we took Blake. It will be an exhausting day after working the night before but its my ONLY day off in the month that we can do something with the kids and as a family. Then I have to go back to work at 8 am on Sunday and work 12 hours.

The following weekend is my race but its also the annual Pig Roast. The kids are counting down the days and I got lucky and was able to swap some hours around and be there with my family and friends part of the day on Sunday to eat and visit before heading to work that night.

A few weeks ago when we drove past where the pig roast is the boys got excited and they discussed the right way to kill the pig. Blake said first you corner it and then shoot it in just the right spot behind the ear. Then you hurry up jump the fence and stick it so it don't flop around. I will miss out on the pig shooting but the boys are happy that their dad is taking them and Blake secretly thinks he's big enough to shoot it. I know that once his turn comes and he's old enough I won't miss out on that! Heck I wouldn't mind getting to shoot it one year.

The Missouri weather is finally switched from winter to summer! It was 35 on Sunday morning and there was frost in places, today its going to be in the 80's! But I am ready and planning a walk at noon on a path with lots of hills. I haven't done hills for quite sometime and I better get a few in before the race on the 25th.


I am NOT ready for the race and I am going in to it just like every other race I have done. I will just wing it yes I know that one day this will come back to bite me. But with an obstacle course race where you have no clue what will be thrown at you its hard. I don't have a rope and wall to practice climbing up and not sure what exercises would have helped me do such thing. So I will go in to this probably not adequately trained and see how it goes.....

3 comments:

  1. I think you are heading into the race better prepared than you think. You are strong and active and that is what matters most. Keep a clear mind and focus and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks!! I hope you are right.. I don't put in hours of strength training weekly but I am more active than most and carrying kids, groceries, patients and equipment I guess gives muscles.

      Delete
  2. Good luck this weekend! I am so excited to hear how it goes:) I need to know what to expect for my mud run on June 8th;)

    ReplyDelete