Less than 48 hours until the Fugitive Run... To say I am getting nervous is a understatement.. I have been having weird dreams and bad dreams about the race for over a week now. I am very glad I have a partner to do the race with me and I think she is as nervous as I am. Neither of us have ever done an obstacle course race and we haven't really felt like we have trained for it. I know I haven't I am pretty much going to wing it and hope adrenaline carries me thru.
I put a lot of thought in to my outfit for Saturday and while I know that being in mud, water and climbing over and thru things my clothes may not survive and stains may not come out. I still wanted to do something special since the race is on Memorial Weekend.
I bought this shirt from Walmart online for way cheaper than the same shirt was at our local Kohls (makes no sense to me but tells me there is a huge markup at Kohls)
Notice the little feet on the back in between the shoulders...... I am doing this race for a friend of mine's daughter who she lost almost 13 years ago. This is the first year she hasn't lived close enough to come home on Memorial Weekend to place flowers on her daughters grave. I decided to have a coworker embroidery the feet on my shirt. I told my friend of the idea and she loved it she likes doing races and if she lived here she would have been out there cheering me on. I will do my best to get a pre race picture of me in the shirt to post with my race recap (if I survive the race) next week.
I hope the shirt survives to where I can get most of the mud stains out so I can wear it again, heck even if it don't come totally clean I will still wear it for workouts.
My next delima is deciding on a bra for the race. I am slightly superstitious and have always wore the same sports bra for every race however I don't want to take the chance on ruining it with this one. So I will wear an older one and hope for the best, but knowing I have Kelsey's little feet on my shirt that should be all I need to get thru!
Guess I am a bit weird on having rituals and routines and certain things to wear for each race and not sure how I got started with it other than hey it worked this time lets try it again.
After the race I am meeting up with Kenny and the boys at the pig roast to spend the rest of the day getting ready for the fish fry and enjoying time with friends. I don't work until Sunday night at 7pm so I am going to enjoy my time off. Even if I am super sore and wore out from the race I want to make the best of my only weekend off.

Love the feet on the shirt, so cute and great tribute. Don't feel bad about being superstitious, I have weird rituals and things too! I think most runners do in some way shape or form!
ReplyDeleteWell then I am glad I am not the only one who has werid things do or wear for races.
DeleteJust go out there and have fun! I know you will have a blast:)
ReplyDeleteIm sure it will be fun once we get there and get started its the unknown of not seeing the course or having any clue of what you will go thru is scary.
DeleteYou may need to go home and take a nap to rest up for the rest of your busy weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your friend's daughter.
Nope no nap have to get to the pig roast so the kids can show me the pig they helped shoot that morning :)
Delete