Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Its MAY.... 24 Days!!!!!

Today is May 1st which means my big huge scary race is in 24 days!!!!!!!!!

I need to find some challenges to do this month to keep me motivated and to build more muscle.

I found an ab challenge on facebook that I will try.
Also doing a 30 day clean eating challenge on Facebook and a challenge for burning 500 calories each day in May with workouts. However not sure how I will do with that since I haven't figured out much about my new gamin yet.....

So if any readers know of any good challenges this month please let me know. I need to be busy and working out and keeping my mind off the scary race. If you want to see how scary it looks check them out on Facebook... The Fugitive Run.

Here are a few pictures from a pre event they held a few weeks ago to test out the course.

You jump off a rock cliff and in to water. This scares me in so many ways for one jumping off something high... In to deep water oh and fully clothed with heavy shoes....

Did not know there would be lots of swimming over long distances which really really freaks me out I haven't swam in YEARS and have never swam in open water like that.  Hope its not really deep all the way but I've never been to the place this will be.

Oh and this would be electric fence strung across you crawl under while climbing up a hill.

I am open to any and all suggestions on how to train for that one. They have advertised over 200 obstacles and a hundred hills that have obstacles at the top of half of them..

Still haven't found anyone I know that is doing this race and looking at the pictures they are all super skinny fit people. Not your average everyday person. I am trying not to get freaked out or back out because I think it will be a good thing to try but I am worried that going alone I will be at a huge disadvantage on some obstacles where you need help. That along with me being only 5 foot tall already has me at a slight disadvantage.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds fun (and a little scary). Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this. I have no doubt you will be just fine!!! :) Can't wait to hear about it! As for training for it...set up some obstacles in the yard with the kiddos...family time and training time together?

    ReplyDelete