So after reading about it on Facebook and on every ones blogs I decided to check out what's beautiful. I am still trying to figure out the team part and challenges, but it looks like fun.
You post what your goal is when you create your profile and after some thinking I decided on my goal. I will do the 9-11 Stair Climb I read about it last year but missed out on the cutoff to register. This year I will do it even if I have to do it alone (although I can probably talk a friend or two in to doing this as its not a half marathon or obstacle course race!). But its something that does mean a lot to me and I am glad that there is events out there like this.
I thought about picking a half marathon but I have done one of those and know I can do another and how to train for it. I have never done a stair climb and know it will take more than just cardio and pounding out miles. It will take core strength and lots of leg muscles!
I will post more on this challenge as it goes along and as I figure out how to participate in the teams and such.
So glad you joined in! Yay!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard if a stair climb, but it sounds amazing, and what a great sentiment! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIts a newer event around here but you run flights of stairs in memory of those who died in 9-11
Delete