But couldn't wait to post about the most amazing awesome surprise we got on Monday afternoon!
I got a text from April that afternoon asking if I was home that her parents were out driving around... I said that we were but the kids weren't. And I can tell you if the kids knew their Nonna and Dwayne stopped by and they missed them they would have never let me hear the end of it. Anyway I never heard anymore from her. So Kenny left to head to do a few things and I left for about 30 minutes to go pick up my dessert tower that a friend had borrowed. I pulled in my drive way and as I was off in la la land something caught my eye.....
This beautiful sign was displayed at the edge of our driveway (I need to get a better picture of it when the sun is out). I was shocked surprised and well almost cried. I knew right away who had left it there as we had admired the one at Dwayne and Connie's and the one April and Mike got as a wedding gift. But never ever in a million years would I have thought one would end up at our house! To say I love it is a huge understatement. I called Connie and thanked her and sent April a text thanking her it was a house warming gift from Dwayne, Connie, Mike and April. I didn't tell Kenny just let it be a surprise when he got home. I was across the road at my grandparents when he pulled in so I stood there watching to see his reaction. He was just as surprised and shocked as I was.
Having this in our driveway makes our house seem more like home and more like ours. Each time someone showed up yesterday they commented on how neat the sign was and where it came from.

What a thoughtful surprise. It's such a good feeling to be totally happily surprised! To know you are loved by others, too.
ReplyDeletePs I also like your sock exchange post. How neat to get stuff in mail!
It was an awesome surprise one we never expected! The sock exchange was fun and it was neat getting something in the mail that you had no clue what the package contained. I will definatly do that one again next year.
Delete