For me Valentines day is just another day, I don't expect to get anything from my husband even when I secretly hopes he does something romantic. In the 14 years we have been together (man I feel old saying 14) I can count on one hand the number of times I have gotten a Valentine's Day gift. First couple years I got flowers and a bear but not sent to work or school just brought home. Then several years nothing because he said flowers just die, true but being girl we like flowers and flowers delivered to your work are extra special.
So the other night he said your working Wednesday right.. Um yep sure am unless my boss wants to just give me a day off. I asked why and he said oh nothing just wanted to be sure you were there. Today I came back from lunch early and my boss tells me I have a Valentine upstairs on the front desk. Honestly as I walked up the stairs I figured it was from my mom. To my surprise I got a balloon with candy six chocolate covered strawberries and 6 baby cakes which are devils food cake bites dipped in chocolate and oh so yummy.
I called to thank him for the gift and he was like darn it came today, when I asked why he said it was supposed to come tomorrow. The Snap-On guy (who's wife owns a florist and candy shop) was supposed to bring me the candy tomorrow and bring it inside and personally give it to me. Oh what a hubby I have wanting the tool guy to deliver my candy. Apparently it was the tool guys idea and Kenny thought it was cool. I told him maybe the tool guy's wife thought it wasn't a good idea and delivered them to me today.
Here is a picture of my gift....
I should have turned the card around and cleared my desk better but I was to in shock for getting something today!

Love it! Those look yummy. My hubby is out of town, but he did send me 2 dozen red roses. I better go out and buy myself some yummy cakes:)
ReplyDeleteOhh roses sound amazing too! Way less calories :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Blake and Nathan probably thought the tool guy was a neat idea, too!! Boys will be boys. Ha!
Glad you got surprised.
awwww:) so sweet. i hope he makes it a new tradition to surprise you every year :)
ReplyDelete