Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Snow....

Well we had our first measurable snow fall of the winter, not to bad for being mid February. However I liked the temps we had last week where it was warm enough to be out in just long sleeves.

Snow don't bother me if it will arrive on a Friday evening and leave by Sunday night when I don't HAVE to go anywhere or do anything. Where I have time to play with the kids in the snow and just be in pj's all day and watch movies with the kids.

However mother nature doesn't like to abide by what I want so we had a fun hour long commute to daycare then on to work yesterday morning. Driving when roads are bad doesn't bother me near as bad when I am alone in the car however when the kids are with me I am extra nervous. It took me and the kids over 30 minutes to make a 10 minute drive to daycare. Then another 30-40 from day care to work which is usually a 12 minute drive. As the day progressed the roads kept getting worse and the snow kept coming thankfully our boss closed our office around 4 so we were all able to head home before the 5 o'clock rush hour traffic. Took another hour to get to daycare then home with the kids but we were still home in time to play in the snow.

It's the first year Nathan knows what snow is and wants to play in it. So I got all 3 of us dressed warm and we headed out with the sleds to our yard. Wasn't really sledding snow but I still pulled them around the yard in their sleds. Which was quite the total body workout! Of course as I was pulling both of them I slipped and landed upside down on my head, both boys laughed so hard they were crying. They thought it was funny that mommy fell in the snow. We spent a good deal of time out there and I had to drag Nathan back in and he was mad and cried for a good 20 minutes.

This morning when I woke them up first thing out of Nathan's mouth was go play in snow please, oh how I wish I could have stayed home with them today playing in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment