Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Testing

Last Thursday night we were informed we had a big division test the following Monday. She gave us the study guide told us it was a 100 question multiple choice test. While I prefer multiple choice they are a bit tricky because most of the time there are two answers that could be right but only one is right by the book.

Anyway I stressed way to much over it thru the weekend and then on Monday well combine a typical Monday at work (still trying to train a new employee) lack of sleep frustration about the test I was not a pleasant person to be around.

Finally class time came and we went thru a lecture on another chapter then had the test. The teacher had a few of us go in to another room for the test some students like it quiet and then she pulled a few of us that had high test scores the first time in there so we could help the ones who struggled with tests. We couldn't give answers but we could read the question out lout with them. Anyway I stressed and made it thru the test and was the first done. Which always makes me feel strange wondering if I screwed up or should have re read all the questions etc.

So she pulled me in the office and showed me the Clinical book where we could pick our days and times for Ambulance and ER. She told me she had no doubt I had passed the test and to go ahead and start scheduling while she graded my test. I got a 90/100 which I was happy with however I had set a goal for 95/100. I think she sees how much I want this and that I am catching on and doing very well with it all. Now this could come back to get me this next class because we have a guest speaker/teacher for the night and I have a feeling she will be choosing students to assist him. Which is ok I will just have to grin and bear it and get over fear of being in front of people.

I'm very glad I have went thru with this class there have been a few negative people along the way and some who doubted that I had it in me. But there are those who are encouraging me because they were in the same spot at some point in time wanting to do this but listening to the negative more than positive. I am excited to start my ride alongs on the 10th!

1 comment:

  1. See you knew you had it in you! Sounds like everything is falling into place! :)

    ReplyDelete