Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Studying

Studying who knew that after being out of school for 10 years that studying would be hard?? Of course in Highschool you didn't have much to worry about other than what was going on Friday night. Fast forward 10 years and I am a mom of two kids, a wife, work full time, secretary for the fire department oh and EMT student. I honestly don't know how people have families work and go to school full time evenings to get degrees!

Of course I realized I had set way high standards of myself for this class and in turn stressed out majorly. We have our first big test of the semester Thursday. Last week and the weekend I felt if I didn't spend every spare moment studying that I would fail. Monday night in class we learned it would be multiple choice which eased my nerves tremendously. I still want to get a 90% or higher but not going to stress myself out over studying. Even the teacher told me I was reading to far in to most of the questions on the study guide.

Today I am calm about it however tomorrow may be a whole new story. I feel I have so much riding on my passing of this class and this is the test that will determine when we start our ride alongs and ER time. Many people have went out of their way changing schedules to allow me to take this. The Board of the Fire Department had a meeting to change what night the meetings fell on so it wouldn't collide with school. Kenny is giving up two evenings a week to pick the boys up from daycare and fix them dinner and do the bedtime routine. Not to mention all the friends who are very supportive of me doing this adventure. I just don't want to let anyone down especially myself.

Thankfully most of the things we have learned thus far have been easy for me to grasp and some is just re learning from my Fire and Rescue classes back in Highschool. But when we hit the A&P Chapter I froze and stressed out. I hadn't learned about the human body heart and blood flow oh since about middle school. But after studying and looking at all the diagrams I now feel more confident in knowing where what and how things happen.

So fingers crossed that I don't freeze on Thursday and draw blanks when I start the test! I will post on Friday on how it went and my score and heck maybe if its a awesome score I may even take a picture of the test!

2 comments:

  1. You'll do great tonight on your test. It sounds like you've got a good grasp on everything you need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April! I am ready to get the day over with and get the test started and done.

    ReplyDelete