The last of the baby stuff has been removed from our house. I decided Sunday evening to take Nathan's crib down. He had never tried to climb out (and I may be crazy for taking it down). When he stays with Grandparents he sleeps on the couch, sleeping bag, tent with Blake or on a little fold out couch thing (all depends on which Grandparent he is with) So I figured it would be no big deal take down his bed put his baby bed mattress on the floor and things would be golden... Yeah not so much.
He watched me take down his bed I explained he was now a big boy and didn't need a baby bed he agreed. Saying Nate Nate not a baby anymore.
I put him down extra early the first night knowing he would probably test his boundaries by getting up and playing or coming out of the room. Yep I was right he was up and down over a dozen times by 3am. Finally he went out and slept until 7am. Second night thought it would be better since Blake was also home heck Blake was out like a light well before Nathan ever considered calming down. He was up a couple times and then at midnight woke up screaming and running out of the room. He refused to go back in the room and had a total meltdown not sure what scared him but I put him on the couch and out he went until 6:30.
There is no way that I am putting the crib back up for one its already packed away in storage and two he will be in a twin bed when we move in a few months. I honestly don't remember Blake having much issue with switching out of a crib and we switched him much sooner. So my debate is pull out the play pen and try him in there until he feels secure enough to sleep without something to touch on all sides or ride this out and have lots of sleepless nights???
Next to come is potty training and he has already started to show interest and already used the potty once, I know you can't force it up on kids but boy the day of no more diapers will be SOOO nice!
It was a bit sad when I took down the crib because I knew that meant I had no more babies and that Nathan was now a toddler but also exciting knowing that phase of bottles sleepless nights and teething are behind us.
Blake refused to wear a diaper ever again when Dwayne told him he couldn't ride the tractor with him with diapers on. Sure worked for him!! He wouldn't even let April put a diaper on him for the long drive to Columbia shopping. lol I'm sure something will click like that for Nathan, too.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any suggestions on the bed isssue. Chad was out of his crib pretty early as he wanted "Chaddy's bed", a twin size. Don't remember with Todd. And with April, the poor thing was in her crib in our room until she was a little over three because we didn't have anywhere else to put her. lol
They grow up so fast, he will adjust on his own.
(miss the little guys)
I remember that, it was to Jeff. He cried the whole way because I made him wear a pull up. He was a little okay with it when I said I would tell Dwayne if he didn't pee in his pull up. Sure enough he held on tight and when we got to Kohls he wanted to go straight to the bathroom. lol I think this was day #2 or 3 for you when he was starting the potty process.
ReplyDeleteMiss the boys as well!