Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A love of mine... one that needs to subside.....

Well I have a Dr. Pepper obsession/addiction/love. I used to be hooked on Mountain Dew and gave it up in June and well now replaced it with Dr. Pepper the fountain variety is the best. Was just one of a morning and for one dollar I could get a 32 oz with lots of crushed ice then it went to wanting one with lunch as well.

The sugar crash mid afternoon is really dragging me down, well that is on the days I don't have another to keep that from happening. Not only that if I have one late afternoon I don't sleep well at night. While I love it I know I have to break up with it. Maybe not cold turkey but defiantly cut back and limit to once a day.

A blog I recently started following had a post about zipfizz a natural energy drink and I am really contemplating trying it as it only has a few calories compared to 200+ per fountain soda I get. Plus it comes in some yummy sounding flavors.

So starting tomorrow I am going to try and cut back to just one fountain soda per day and try drinking unsweet tea again which I love but soda tastes so much better lately.

Tomorrow's mood could prove to be interesting because the more stressed I get the more I want a soda. But I will hold strong to the will power and limit it to one, and I will probably go ahead and order some zipfizz to try.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is great! Replacing your soda intake with something more healthy and less calories will make such a big difference! Just don't give up. It may be difficult at first. I know they sell Zipfizz at Costco in the Northwest if you have one of those around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nearest Costco is about an hour drive. I will order it from the site and give it a try. The grape and pink lemonade sound good.

      Delete