Wow 2012 already, last year really seemed to fly by way way to fast for my liking. However this year brings lots of new things my way and I am super excited.
Friday night I picked Blake up from my in-laws house and drove him to my parent's house so he could spend the last weekend of Christmas break with his Grandpa working on a fence they had started earlier in the week. Nathan was at daycare so I picked him up first and in the drive to my in-laws my mom called and asked me to leave both boys there for the night. Anyone who knows my mom knows this is a very rare occasion. Normally they don't have both boys at the same time and never over night. It was only the second time Nathan has spent the night there. I was a bit nervous about it but I went ahead and dropped both off.
Saturday morning I got up early headed to Vienna to pick Nathan up and then dropped him off at my in-laws as they wanted some quality time with him and his Grandpa wanted to take advantage of the nice day and ride four wheelers and play outside. So Kenny and I took advantage of not having the kids and set in to painting our master bedroom. It literally took all day to get it done we kept having interruptions. We hadn't really made any plans to do anything for New Year's going to the local bar and grill just didn't seem like something we wanted to spend money on. So we ended up going out to eat with another couple and their two girls (yes it felt strange going out to eat with friends and their kids when we didn't have ours). Then we went back to our house to play wii and have a couple margaritas. It was a very nice evening and something I could see us doing again in the future. In the 12 years Kenny and I have been together there have only been two New Year's Eve that we haven't went out. One was in 1999 and the other was this year.
Sunday morning bright and early Blake called ready to come home so we picked him up and headed to Lowes for more paint and took him to lunch. In the two weeks he had been out of school he had only been home one night! Of course he was over tired and running on a sugar high from being at Grandma and Grandpa's for so long needless to say it was a long afternoon. We picked Nathan up and the boys and I spent the afternoon at home while Kenny finished up our bedroom walls.
Monday the boys and I got to sleep in well if you can call getting woke up by Blake at 7 sleeping in. Nathan didn't wake up until after 8 though so it was still a quiet morning. Mid afternoon we drove to the new house and I mopped three of the bedrooms, the boys bathroom and the hallway trying to get rid of some of the annoying drywall dust. Then I got brave I put primer on the walls in our master bath, about a quarter of the way thru my Grandma walked over and the boys of course wanted to go back to her house so they stayed there for a couple hours while I finished the bathroom.
It was a good weekend however I am glad school is back in session and we can get back to our normal routine. The last two weeks I have felt like a taxi cab for my kids just picking up and dropping off and not really getting to see them or spend time with them. However I know they made some great memories with all of their grandparents that they will hopefully treasure forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment