Blake before we headed to his first day of school
Yes I meant to take the picture crooked.
Blake seems to really like school and even likes the bus ride. He likes to sit by himself since he don't know any of the kids. This morning I noticed he sat with the boy that gets on at daycare with him. I hope that he finds friends on the bus and good influences not older ones that will try to get him in trouble.
He said the lunchroom is super loud and nothing like eating lunch at preschool which was more quiet and calm. So far he has wanted to take his lunch each day which is fine with me but I think he will find the school has some things he wants to try so we go over the school menu each night.
Adjusting to having a kindergartner was tough last week but today seems to be much better. Blake is super excited to play soccer and asks if he will know anyone on his team. I hope that some of his friends are on his team as he would love it even more. I know nothing about soccer and trying to buy his soccer socks and shin guards yesterday left me even more clueless. Thanks to a great friend who helped me out via text he is all set and ready.
Nathan has cried the last 3 mornings I dropped him off and I think because he got so used to Blake being with him all day he hasn't adjusted yet, plus we are up a lot earlier than normal. The sitter said Nathan lights up when Blake walks in from the bus and is excited and goes straight for him.
That is so sweet about Blake and Nathan at the sitters.
ReplyDeleteHe looks like such a big guy! You are doing a great job of modeling how to be successful with changes in life! Good job!
He always looks so calm and peaceful while I'm prying myself off of Hunter. You've done something great in raising him, because he definitely seems to be a self confident, secure, independent child. Congrats...and I know, being a mom to a school aged kid(s) is REALLY weird!!!
ReplyDeleteAshley- I am very pleased to hear he is calm of a morning. I put him on the bus and he is ok and happy but I never know what happens after that. Thanks for the compliment but he has always been a good kid and very independant. Hope that Hunter is adjusting and doing well this week.
ReplyDelete