Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School

I was a bit anxious last night as I was getting everything together and worried I would forget something and sleep didn't come real easy. This morning I woke up calm with no knots in my stomach I got everything done and ready just as if I had been doing this for months. Blake woke up happy and eager to leave for school, I was worried that once we got to school his attitude would change. I was pleasantly surprised that he was ok being left at school he was a bit sad and confused as he was unsure of his surroundings but he gave us each a hug and kiss and sat down to play with his friend.

I managed to not shed a tear, well not yet anyway. I came to work and have been continuously busy all morning, but looking at the clock counting down the hours until I get off to pick him up from the sitter and hear about his first day. I am a bit sad that the sitter will hear about his day first, wishing I would have scheduled today off so I could pick him up and hear all about it. A friend of mine said she would send me a text or picture when she picks her girls up on how their day was.

Blake is officially no longer a toddler or a preschooler, he is a kindergartner and seems pretty proud of his accomplishment. I am going to ask him if he would like to play soccer this fall, he really wanted to play t-ball and I should have let him but I hope he thinks soccer is fun as well. This is a whole new experience for me being the mom of a school age child who will want to have sleep overs with friends and go to birthday parties of friends. Will be an adjustment but I am sure we will manage and in 4 short years I will be doing this with Nathan.

Hope to get pictures uploaded of him this morning before we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment