Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Survived Open House

Last night we went to Blake's school for open house and for him to meet his teacher and for the parents to fill out piles of paperwork (or should I say moms because there were way more moms doing the paperwork than dads) Anyway filling out papers in a crowded room with a child on your lap has gotten easier so I just blocked everything and everyone out and went to it.
Blake was excited that he knew a girl in his class and I looked at several names of students as I put away his art box and I am pretty sure there will be kids in his class that I know the parents which is a relief to me. He of course wanted to play on the playground but it had rained and everything was wet and yucky.
He was not shy at all while in they gym he wanted to go over and say hi to a boy who goes to his daycare and he went right over, now if that would have been me at that age oh no I was stuck like glue to my mom or grandma.

But yesterday around 2 I thought I may just get sick, I had myself so worried about last night and about Thursday morning. I couldn't think straight give good answers to questions at work, my stomach was in knots. So I emailed a friend and thankfully she was able to respond quickly and helped me talk it out which was so very nice of her. By the time we got to his school I had calmed down enough to think straight and be sociable. Now if I can just hold it together tomorrow morning when I take him to his class for the first time and have to leave. I know he will be ok I am not sure my nerves will be and I am sure I will shed a tear or two on my way back to work.

I am also very glad to have great friends who love Nathan, and Blake and love to spend time with them. April picked Nathan up from me in Rolla and took him home to play. He must have had a good time he was wore out and slept good all night only woke up once to eat. Not sure what we would do with out our friends who are just like family to us.

I may make a post tomorrow sometime and I may not depends on how I cope with leaving Blake for his first day of Kindergarten. I may wait until Friday so I can post on how his whole day was and how riding the bus to day care goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment