Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend + Manual Labor =Very Sore Monday

This past weekend wore me out! Not only was it super hot humid and yucky out I was outside working with my husband the whole time. Saturday he asked for my help in the afternoon so I dropped the kids off with my in-laws and headed over to our land. We raked, shoveled and leveled 1 inch white chat from 3pm until 9pm. Then I had to go pick the kids up and head to town so we could buy another rake and some more water and ice for the cooler. I was sore and didn't sleep much at all that night got up early the next morning.
Sunday Blake was faced with a tough decision to work with me, daddy and Chad or to go with Nathan's to Aprils. Being the smart boy he is he asked if he could work with daddy and Chad while Nathan and I went to church then for me to pick him up and take him to Aprils. So that is what he did. Needless to say it was hot in the shade I was sore we were all tried and we dug for hours trying to find one pipe that was "supposed" to be there and wasn't. We quit right before dark drove an hour to borrow a concrete saw then picked the kids up and headed home.

Today I am more sore than I think I have ever been, even my Jillian Michaels workout videos have never made me as sore as I am now! Guess it was a good workout but one that I will try and pass on the next time. I am all for hard work and helping build our house but finding out the second day we were going about the whole thing in a way that was ten times harder than it needed to be frustrated me a bit.

So now we are waiting on the plumber to do his thing and then the concrete guy to finish his job and boy will I be glad when his part is finally done and over with!

I am very thankful for friends who are willing to watch our kids while we build our house and enjoy every minute with them and for the friends who will give up their Sunday to come help us work. We are really starting to see who are friends are and who we can count on very quickly. Glad to know that all but one we were right about they are true friends and willing to help a friend out.

Its nice living in a small community where you do work for someone and then they return the favor by helping you with a project, in fact there are several houses we know of that was built the same way all with in a few miles of our new house. I don't think I could ever give up small town country life where you always know your neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment