Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One of those days......

Today has been one of those days where I question why do I put myself thru the stress of this job? To leave at 5 in a horrible mood stressed to the max to pick up the boys and then to try and stay calm and level headed the rest of the night. I like my job or should I say used to but I am getting burned out I have been working overtime stressing over it day and night and on weekends. Our live is super busy without me stressing about the files sitting on my desk at work during the evening night and weekends.
Days like today make me wonder am I in the right place right career or is there something that would suit me better? I am not one who likes to change jobs nor have to be the new person in the office, but I don't know how much longer I can take the stress level I have now.
I am not a happy person anymore and it shows at work and at home, no matter how hard I try to put on that happy face something small will set me in a tailspin and there goes the happy face. I don't like how I feel and that Blake told me that I am a grouchy mommie, but I am not sure what to do anymore.

The economy is not the greatest to be looking for a different job in such a small town, or to find a job that makes close to what I make now. With building a new house I have to keep a job to be able to pay extra on bills and to have money to pay for the kids and myself health insurance. Keep thinking to myself if I would have done something differently years ago would I have been able to work part time and stay home with the kids to save money and stress on finding good childcare.

Maybe tomorrow will be better and maybe not but I have to put on my happy face and go get my kiddos and enjoy their company while I cook dinner and do bedtime routines.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your eyes alert and ears open for other jobs... while you try to smile and remember to breathe at work! Being happy at work is really important because if you are a sensetive person, your job can effect teh rest of your life. I have had two not good jobs and now I have one that I don't cry or stress at and it is making all the difference in my ability to relax at home. Its not the same pay, but I think my husband would say that it is WAY better to have a content wife than an emotional, angry, sad one who has conflicts with her boss!

    ReplyDelete