Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Deer

As if life wasn't crazy enough a small deer had to complicate things more.

Two weeks ago as I was driving to pick up the kids from the sitter and I came up over a hill and a deer decided it wanted to run out in front of me. So I knew not to swerve so I hit the brakes and just held the steering wheel and ended up hitting him. It was a very small deer and it ended up going under my car well I was on E Hwy and there is no where to pull over or stop so I drove a bit farther and could tell the car drove fine and that the headlights worked. I got to A Hwy and called Kenny to tell him and I said I would continue on to the sitter and look at the damage. I made it to the sitter and when I got out I knew that I had busted the radiator and that I would not be able to drive on to Vienna much less home. Kenny was still at work and unable to come help me so I called April, she wasn’t home but she asked her dad to come to my rescue and I am so thankful he did. The sitters husband had no clue what he was looking at under the hood of my car. I could tell the radiator was bent the fan shroud was broke and the fan was in pieces in the bottom. So within minutes Dwayne was there and we decided we could get it to his house and park it on the basketball court. He was going to let me take his truck on to Vienna so I could pick up Blake (one drawback of both kids going different places the same day) but my stepdad said they would just bring Blake to me. Of course he was happy to get to spend time with Dwayne while we waited for Kenny to arrive. After two hours Kenny showed up and agreed it was not drivable. So we piled in to the truck he drove and headed home. I was very thankful that Dwayne came to help me and that Blake, Nathan and I got to stay there where it was warm while we waited. I was also thankful that neither of my kids were in the car when it happened and that the damage wasn’t horrible and no one was hurt.

1 comment:

  1. sorry this happened, but i guess all's well that ends well! so glad you didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete